Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pregnant: Week 39

Doctor Appt Info
Well, good news is I got in to the doctor very quickly.. like 5 minutes after my appt was scheduled (a miracle!) My urine came back positive for protein, my blood pressure was high, and I had lost 3 lbs since last Tuesday. Not so good. They ran a few more tests and the tests all came back that the levels were low and retook my blood pressure and it was lower so my doctor just said to come back next week like normal but if I have any signs to come back immediately. Signs to look for: headache(s), lightheaded, double vision, high blood pressure, or any cold or flu symptoms. Pretty much if I feel like crap, come back ASAP! They're worried that I might have pre-eclampsia but as of now I don't. I told her when Jeff will be back and asked her not to strip my membranes again. From what I have read if it doesn't work the first time (last week) then it will be very effective on the 2nd or 3rd time but I want to keep Oliver in there as long as possible so hopefully Jeff will be able to be there with me in the delivery room. She agreed saying she has no problem with skipping the normal checking and membrane stripping this week as long as I feel fine, which I do. So as far as I know, I'm still sitting at 1cm dilated and 60% effaced-- which was last weeks numbers. I may have her check next week and just not strip the membranes if that's possible because my pelvis and hips are KILLING me and I'm thinking I'm definitely more dilated than last week.. but no contractions so who knows!!!

Baby Facts
One uncomfortable complaint of late pregnancy is frequent hiccups. No, not you, your baby. Because there is no air around your baby, when she practices breathing, it can cause amniotic fluid to get into her windpipe, resulting in those regularly spaced thumps that make you think you're carrying a jumping bean in your belly.  The lanugo (an exotic word for soft, downy hair) that used to cover your baby's body has mostly disappeared, but you may find a bit leftover on the shoulders, forehead and neck. Don't freak and think you've given birth to a monkey: It'll fall out soon. The color of baby's skin is changing from a red-pink hue to a white or blue-pink color (even in babes with dark skin). These changes are due to the amount of fat your little pudger is putting on. The circumference of your baby's head and abdomen are about the same size now (though you may not be able to tell if your baby's born with the common cone-shaped head!). The placenta is lending your Mini antibodies that'll keep him strong and healthy after birth. That said, it's still a good idea to invest in that mega-size bottle of hand sanitizer.

At this point your little critter is about 19 to 20 inches long and weights about 7 pounds. That's just around the size of a large rabbit. What's up Doc?


Life Happens (it's a little longer than normal this week)
Thanksgiving was good for the most part. Stressful and tiring but good. My mom drove us over to Oklahoma on Thursday morning and we got back late Sunday night. I learned that I hate being dependent on people to drive me places but mostly just not having my car available whenever I please. I know if I would have drove myself to Oklahoma I would have been miserable so it was for the better but I just wanted to be able to leave the house whenever I please and that didn't happen.

Jeff's flight is booked for him to come home but I'm not telling you when! He's mine, all mine! (Kidding, of course!) I'm pretty sure it's classified information as to when he's coming home and leaving so I can't give out exact times and dates on here but he will be home fairly soon and leave shortly after Christmas! woohoo :) Oh and I just realized that Jeff will be able to take Oliver to get his first pictures with Santa and maybe even get our first family Christmas pictures taken (all depending on how I'm looking by then and when Oliver decides to arrive, of course!) I'm thinking Christmas pictures with Santa at Utica Square and then go see the lights at Rhema.. not a bad idea!!

I just want to let the world (or at least my blog followers) know that I have found the most comfortable and cute lounge pants that are long enough for me!! Not special order long pants like I normally have to buy but just regular off the rack pants.. I know, I'm in shock too. They are "sweater pants" from Target of all places and they're about a 35" inseam. I'm guessing they will shrink up a little bit but even if they do they will still be plenty long enough. Tonight I went to Target to get some longer tank tops and some panties for after labor & delivery and I felt of them just wandering through the isles and fell in love. So of course I had to see if they were long enough by chance and just my luck they were so I took 2 pairs to the fitting room to see which size fit better and to my disbelief they were almost too long but with shoes they're perfect! I'm just glad to have some pants to make it through the rest of this pregnancy and the first couple weeks after birth ( or more likely the first month..) I only bought 1 pair but I'm sure I'll be wearing them every other day for the next few weeks since I'm ruling out my jeans for the most part and I only have a few pair of pants that are comfy and long enough. Anyway.. I love these pants and I thought I'd share my joy with you. (I attempted to look them up on the Target website to share with you but I couldn't find them. Sorry!)

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do the blog once Oliver is here. I'm about to start stalking other mothers to see how they do it because of the ones I follow none of them do it how I'd like to. I'm going to for sure make a column on the side to keep up with his stats (weight, length, etc) but I'm not sure how I want to lay it out.. maybe I will just stick with how I've done it throughout the pregnancy? Any tips or ideas? Comment on here or email me if you have any!!! :) They're much appreciated!

For those that don't follow my Facebook account, here is the belly picture for this week. ;) My Daddy says he's due first and is having twins! haha
Me and my Daddy comparing bellies at Thanksgiving dinner at Granny & Pa's house.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I love keeping up with Oliver's progress! I'm so happy for you and so happy that Jeff will be home for the delivery! You're looking great!! If you're looking for the "mommy blog" type thing, visit my blog and check out some of the ones that I follow (They're in the right margin.) Kelly's Korner is my favorite. Each month she does a "stat" post for her little girl, Harper. It's really stinkin' cute. I'm sure you'll be posting about the little guy daily, so you probably won't even have to keep up with his stats in an organized fashion! Can't wait to see pictures of him! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete