Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pregnant: Week 35 or is it 37??

Sorry that I'm a day late but I ended up working extra late last night for the family I'm a nanny for because the oldest had their championship football game and it was too cold and too late for the younger child to be out so I stayed home with her and got her in bed. Sadly the team lost.. again. Same team, Same score as last year BUT I told him that it's just an accomplishment in itself to make it to the championship game so that made him feel better! By the time I got home I literally crawled in bed and went to sleep. Oliver was destroying my insides while I was at work and so I was trying to walk around and change positions- nothing worked. However, I finally slept fairly well and feel better this morning so oh well!

Doctor Appt Info
The doctor is seeing eye-to-eye with me now and I couldn't be happier!! When they did my ultrasound about 3 or 4 months ago my amniotic fluids were low and when they did all of the measurements of Oliver and he was showing 20 days behind. Because of this they moved my due date back to December 9th.. almost a full 3 weeks-ugh! So then I had several other ultrasounds and they all showed that he was on course size-wise for November 21st and my fluids were back up to normal on all of the others. My theory was that because of the low fluids in 1st ultrasound that they either a)couldnt get a good reading/measurement or b)he was small because of the low fluids but my doctor kept my due date at December 9th and was going to let me go until mid-December if he didn't come on his own before then.. OMG talk about a huge baby! So yesterday she looked over the ultrasound results from 2 weeks ago and I asked her about my theory and she agreed!!!! She said he's still on track for November 21st and that she isnt going to change my due date again but keep it in the back of her head about November 21st instead. Since I'm not showing any signs of labor or anything yet I'm going back in 2 weeks and from then on she will be checking if I'm dilated and all of the good stuff. If all goes as planned we will have a baby sometime in the next month! :) I'm going to post the info on week 35 just in case he does make it to December but who knows with this boy!!

Baby Facts --I'm going to post the info on week 35 just in case he does make it to December but who knows with this boy!!
Oliver is now approximately measuring 18 inches long and weighing 5.5 pounds... according to the website.

This week the final touches are being added to your mini-masterpiece and most of his development is going to packing on the pounds. Your little Karate Kid can't quite pack the punch he used to due to the limited space inside the womb these days. You're likely to feel more wiggles, stretches and rolls than kicks and jabs. The extra layer of fat your baby is adding will create those cute dimples on your baby's elbows and knees. His liver has begun processing his waste products, so you know which organ to thank when he has his first blowout up the back of his onesie. Baby's nails are growing so long they may curl over the tips of his tiny fingers and toes before he sees a pair of clippers. He'll be in serious need of a mani-pedi once he's born (as will you).

Life Happens
Well the good news is Jeff is all settled into Egypt for the most part. He says the food is funky but I'm still thinking he will get used to it or find something he likes. They are keeping him pretty busy but I'm sure that makes the days go by quicker for them! Everyone keeps asking "Where is he?" and "What is he doing?" and to make it easier just go to their website. It's not like he's on a top secret mission.. they have a website explaining what they do. The easy way for me to explain it is.. he is in Egypt close to the Israel border and he's working with the MFO (Multinational Force & Observers) with his unit of medics. Look at their website if you want more info.. http://www.mfo.org/


35 weeks belly picture- he's getting BIG! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment