Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Veterans Day!

FYI The holiday is commonly printed as Veteran's Day or Veterans' Day in calendars and advertisements. While these spellings are grammatically acceptable, the United States government has declared that the attributive (no apostrophe) rather than the possessive case is the official spelling.

Veterans Day, Remembrance Day, Armistice Day or Poppy Day... No matter what you call it make sure you thank our military for all that they do and have done.

I'm sure I could go on for days listing all of my friends and relatives that are Vets but here are my favorite 3 :)

I started on this post early not because I'm dumb and think that Veterans Day is on November 10th but because it will soon be Veterans Day in Egypt where my hubby is deployed right now.
He makes it easy to find him in pictures like this because he has the transition glasses that turn to sunglasses in the sun. 
Jeff and I at dinner this summer. --Please ignore the baby bump that just looks like whale-blub.
My grandpas are Vets too so I have to include them in on this!!

This was at Papa Jack's birthday last year. If I remember correctly he was on the USS Franklin/Big Ben (which was the most heavily damaged United States carrier to survive the war.) The only reason I remember that is because his license plate says Big Ben.. plus he told me all of his stories about war when I was really young so I don't remember much.. :(

This picture of Poppy and Meme is from our wedding rehearsal dinner earlier this year. I can't remember what Poppy did to save my life but he's still a Vet! I def need to brush up on my knowledge about my grandparents!!!
Anyway.. Thank a soldier! If it wasn't for them you could be living in a totally different world.

No comments:

Post a Comment