Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pregnant: Week 37

Doctor Appt Info
So according to my Dec9th due date I'm 2 days early to be checked for the dilation and all of that good stuff so that won't happen until next week. But no contractions, cramping, spotting, etc so no worries. No big news.. but no news is good news for now!

Baby Facts


You made it! Your baby is considered full term at the end of this week. So kick your swollen feet up and swig back a glass of milk. All that hard work has finally paid off! At your checkup this week, your doctor or midwife may do an internal exam to see how things are progressing. We're not gonna lie to you, an "internal" can hurt like hooey. But hey, it ain't labor! While she's in there, your practitioner will check three things:
1) dilation (how open your cervix is),
2) ripeness (how soft your cervix is) and
3) effacement (how thin your cervix is).
For baby to come on out, the cervix must be open to 10 centimeters, as soft as the skin on the inside of your mouth and 100 percent effaced.

Huge news this week: If you were to go into labor today, all systems would be a go. Woohoo! Even though you can't wait for the little bambino to quite literally rear his head, keep in mind that your bun benefits from every day in the oven. Other ticker-tape-worthy developments:

Baby's growth slows down dramatically this week, which is great news for your birth canal. His bones are still soft and pliable and will solidify after he's born. More great news for your birth canal. So if he's all cooked and ready to go, what the heck is he still doing in there?! He's busy practicing for "life on the outside," working on his breathing, sucking, sleeping, gazing and peeing abilities. The only thing he can't practice yet is his ability to scream at the top of his lungs when he's hungry—but he'll do plenty of that in a few weeks. At this point babies vary in size, but the average length is between 19 and 20 inches and most babies weigh approximately 6 pounds.

Life Happens
Saturday was my baby shower in Oklahoma. I'm the goober that forgot to take pictures AGAIN but it went over really well and that's what matters. My grandmas, aunts, and other relatives all came and a few family friends. We ate enough for 3 days and Oliver was completely spoiled! I got home on Sunday and unpacked everything- took me almost a full 3 hours (including assembling the bouncy seat) but was totally worth it. The only bad thing I have discovered so far is that the really cool stroller that we got is too big to use regularly. The front tire is too big and doesn't turn so it wont fit in the trunk and it is too long to go in the backseat. I'm keeping it because it's an amazing jogging stroller (and has a really cool iphone/ipod connector with speakers.. SO cool!) and I'm just going to get a small lightweight umbrella style stroller for everyday use, shopping, etc.

Oh one other slight problem I have come across is that I don't have enough room for all of his stuff!! I'm going to do away with Oscar's crate and just have him sleep at the foot of my bed (which he seems to prefer) and that will free up enough room for Oliver's swing but we still have to figure out where to put his bouncy seat, humidifier, and the huge jogging stroller! Who knew a teeny tiny baby could have so much stuff???

Oh and tomorrow I'm going to get the world's biggest honey-do list finished. I'm going to have to get up really early and probably go all day until I go to work but I need to get it all done and off my shoulders. I felt terrible today when Jeff asked me if I had sent his box of toiletries and they were sitting on the desk. :( Anyway.. the huge list will be done tomorrow.. no worries! 

No comments:

Post a Comment