Monday, November 8, 2010

Pregnant: Week 36

I just want to say first and foremost that I'm glad I'm not super huge like some pregnant women. I went to get groceries earlier and saw a lady that looked like she was 13 months pregnant and absolutely miserable! I thought I was getting big, uncomfortable and had a waddle that competed with the cute little ducks at the park but NO! This lady put me to shame! I really hope that she was carrying twins because if not that may be a big ole baby!! Anyway..

Doctor Appt Info
No appointment this week. I'm actually slightly disappointed that my doctor wanted to go 2 weeks before the next appointment but I'm going to trust her judgment. If I have any major contractions or anything before the next appointment on the 16th I sure will be calling her though!

Baby Facts
Oliver is now approximately measuring 18.5 inches long and weighing 6 pounds—just about as big as a breadbox!

Your baby continues to put on weight at about ½ pound each week. This layer of fat will help your baby regulate his body temperature after leaving your climate-controlled womb. In fact, your baby will be 15 percent fat at birth. Even in the womb, your baby can listen, feel, touch and see. The only thing separating him from living in the outside world is a little thing called the birth canal. Other highlights this week: His gums are firm with ridges that look somewhat like teeth, though his actual pearly whites won't start breaking through until he's between three months and a year old. Your baby has definite patterns of sleep and wakefulness—opening his eyes while awake and closing them while sleeping. Your baby will become alert and turn his head toward light and sound just as a newborn would. 

Life Happens
Can I just say how weird it is that I'm having a baby any day now? It seems like yesterday I just found out I was pregnant and kept taking test after test to make sure it wasn't wrong. I guess a lot has happened since then and kept me busy so time has just flown by.

I know that I have a darn good excuse to slack off for Christmas this year but I really don't want to. Jeff and I already figured out what we are getting/got from each other already so that is pretty much done (I got the Coach purse that I have wanted and he's getting some really cool running shoes and a new watch- his rusted on the inside somehow on our honeymoon..it was so sad.) I'm sure I will get creative and send him a care package with some Christmas-ey goodness but that won't be too hard. And then I'm going to make my bosses small little gift baskets but that just leave my parents that I need to find something for. If I find something along the way for my siblings or grandparents that is great but I'm not stressing over it. I just don't see myself having much more free time before Oliver gets here to do that much more shopping, wrapping, shipping, etc so don't get mad! :) Maybe I will bake a couple of tins of goodies again this year.. but that is only if I have a TON of extra energy and patience.

So this week is a big deal. It's my  first work week since I have worked at the church (a little over 2 years) that I have only worked a 5 day work week. I love working at the church more than anything but it takes away from my weekend sometimes so I think it will be good for me to be able to rest a little bit before Oliver comes.. even if my Sundays are already filled with other activities until Christmas anyway-- like the baby shower this weekend at my Dad's house! :)

OH and just in case you don't already know.. Jeff is very angry that the box I sent with his mattress topper and his PS3 controllers is somewhere between here and Egypt.. LOST! The box with the PS3 made it The box with his games and all of his goodies made it.  The envelope (that was sent a week later) with our bank checks and Netflicks CD made it. OH and to make it even better.. the box that was sent last week with goodies in it made it.. but not the 2 things he's really wanting. And since I didn't get delivery confirmation they can't find the box.. ugh! So it looks like I'm going to be going to get him new controllers, a mattress topper and sending it to him again. --completely sucks that he's sleeping on a crappy mattress and can't do much in his down time in BFE but I will get it to him ASAP and hopefully he will be a happy camper....errr soldier!

No comments:

Post a Comment