Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pregnant: Week 31

First off, I just realized I have been a week off for the past 4-5 weeks so just FYI I didn't miss a week, I just didnt want to go through and correct everything.

Doctor Appt Info
Oliver is on track weight-wise and heartbeat-wise. They did the fundal measurement (where they measure your stomach from the top of your uterus to the top of the pubic bone) and he is measuring just a little ahead but she thinks it's just because I'm taller than average. One last little tidbit I found funny: When they weighed me (with my shoes on, on accident) I'm still 3 lbs under the recommended weight for being 30 weeks but the nurse said that all of the weight has gone to my butt! haha It definitely hasn't though!!Oh here is the picture for 7 1/2 months.



Baby Facts
Oliver is now approximately measuring 16 inches long and weighing 3.5 pounds.

From this week on, your baby will continue to gain around ½ pound a week until shortly before birth. Due to increasing space constraints, your baby's arms and legs stay drawn up close to the body now, known as the fetal position. Plus, your baby can now process information from all five senses. By now, your baby's lungs are the only system not fully mature.

Life Happens
Well, I had to say bye to Jeff yesterday. He won't leave until Thursday morning but I couldn't stay over in Oklahoma that long. It was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do but I know we will be just fine and it will only make us stronger. If you want to get a hold of him he will have internet and you can still talk to him on Facebook, email, or Skype (username: jeffmassey76) or if you would like I can give you his mailing address- just ask for it! Mail takes approximately 2-3 weeks to get from point A to point B but I'm sure he would appreciate any packages and letters! :)

Next weekend I have my first baby shower! I can't believe how close it is getting! When they were planned it seemed like they were forever away and now they are just around the corner! I'm just excited to get everyone together for the different showers! I can't wait to see everyone! Ok that's all for now. Until next week..

No comments:

Post a Comment