Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pregnant: Week 33

Well, I thought I would try to make more than 1 blog entry so that this week wouldn't be so long BUT that obviously didn't happen.. SORRY! :(

Doctor Appt Info
Shortest doctor visit EVER! Hallelujah! I was the first patient so they got me in and out in about 45 minutes total with the waiting room and all! :) Seems like the annoying super early morning appointment would be a great idea but I went ahead and made my next appointment for the regular time even if it means hanging out at Mercy for 2 or more hours. With early morning appointments that means I wake up at 6am, get ready, drive the 30 minutes to Mercy and then drive back home and kill time (in today's case I'm doing laundry so it's not a total loss, but annoying either way) and then at 2pm I will have to drive back to the same area for work.. It's just a lot of extra driving that I dont want to do so I will just deal with the extra time in the waiting room from now on.

Anyway-- So Oliver 'sounds' good as far as his heartbeat but he's measuring just a tiny bit small again so she scheduled me for an ultrasound on Thursday before work so they can measure Oliver and the amniotic fluids again and see if the fluids are low or if he is small and then we will go from there.

The big news for today's appointment is that she's completely ignoring the original due date now (which was November 21st) and is just sticking with December 9th and unless he is just huge and measuring for the original date at the next ultrasound then she will let me possibly go as late as December 24th now!!! HOLY COW! I sure hope not for 2 reasons: 1) having a birthday that close to Christmas sucks 2) I dont want to be possibly in the hospital or still in massive recovery mode on Christmas and my birthday (the 26th) and 3) that would be a HUGE baby if she let's him cook that long! Hopefully Oliver decides to make his appearance somewhere between November 28th and December 4th (AKA the week after Thanksgiving) but we will just have to wait and see! Wow, sorry this went much longer than I had anticipated.. on to the baby facts!

Baby Facts
Oliver is now approximately measuring 17.5 inches long and weighing 4.5 pounds.

The big news this week is lung development—baby's respiratory system is almost completely mature. That means if your baby was born this week, odds are he'd be a healthy bouncing baby with a just a little help from his friends (aka, the NICU). Your baby can now detect light and tell the difference between night and day (of course that ability will miraculously disappear once he's born and up all night screaming). His pupils will constrict and dilate in response to light. If you shine a flashlight on your belly, your baby may shy away from the light as if to say, "Cut it out, Ma. You're soooo annoying." The bones in your baby's skull are soft and are not yet fused together. In other words, now is not the time to teach him how to do a headspin while breakdancing. This pliability allows the bones to overlap; making that trip down the tight birth canal possible (and resulting in that surprising cone head look your baby will sport for the first few days post-birth.) Your baby will continue to pack on the pounds gaining around ½ pound a week from here on out.

Life Happens
Thursday Oliver's crib arrived and my mom and I put it together (most my mom!) BUT his bedding won't arrive until later this week or early next week so for now his crib is sitting bare with just gifts on it from the shower (I'm doing laundry later, I promise!)

Friday my boss took the day off work because her stepdaughters were in town and so they spent time with them and I got the day off too. I took advantage of it and got my nails filled and a pedicure and I also got my mom a giftcertificate for the same thing as a thank you for putting the shower on for me and Oliver's crib! And then Kelsey went with me to the mall to get some new bras (yes, they're still growing) and lunch. I had intended on going to a few other stores but I was pooped so I just decided not to.

Saturday my mom and I did a few things around the house to get it picked up for the baby shower the next day and then we drove to Talequah to my cousin's wedding reception. I was the grumpy pregnant woman but I put on a happy face for most of it. At least they had some good food to make me shut up! :)

Sunday I was stupid enough to work my normal 8-12 shift in the church nursery. I thought I would be ok to do it but apparently it wore me out! --and my boss even let me off about an hour early! After I got off work I went to Walmart for a few things we forgot to pick up, came back to the house and just sat in the big comfy chair in the living room for a good solid hour just trying to recuperate. I think staying out past 9pm on Saturday at my cousin's reception was what did me in.. doesnt she know that I go to sleep at 9pm?? Haha! Anyway, then people started showing up at the house for the baby shower. We had a nice small turn out of a few of my mom's friends and coworkers, 2 of the ladies from the church nursery and the Farnet girls- plus Kelsey and Ashley (I would be in trouble if I forgot them!) I got a ton of cute clothes and some diapers and lots of cute things and couldn't be more thankful! After everyone left I managed to get all of the baby gifts to the bedroom, took a shower, and then plopped down- I think I was asleep before the sun went down but I'm not for sure! I was just exhausted..

And then of course today, Tuesday was my doctor's appointment and you already read about that above! Anyway! Here is my picture for the 8 month point.. He's really starting to get big and wear me down throughout the day- especially my back and hips. and my waddle is starting to be more painful- but he's SO worth it!

Update about Jeff- He's still in Washington doing his final 'training' before he leaves.. AKA they aren't doing much other than freezing their booty off but he will be leaving this week for Egypt at some point and then the rest of the unit will follow sometime in the next month. (yes, the Army requires us to be this vague.) Oh sometime today I have to go mail Jeff's goody box to him- it will make him a very happy hubby! Playstation, mattress pad, good pillows, hair gel, and his movies.. all of the things that this man loves and then a few other small surprise things but I don't to post them here because he occasionally reads this and it will take a few weeks to get it there.

And now time for the pictures! :) 

This is the beginning stage of the room. Dont worry, the rug isn't staying! That was the remains of my sister's old safari themed room from high school. And hopefully the decorations will begin shortly!

Oliver's crib is currently holding all of his gifts from the baby shower on Sunday but I'm about to start laundry so it wont be full for long.

The storage I came up with since I'm not going the traditional route of having a dresser and changing table. Plus his cute little Build-A-Bear puppy and diaper bag are filling in the spaces for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment