Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pregnant: Week 29

Well, we finally got all moved out of our apartment and into my mom's house. I have received mixed responses about living with my mom but I adore my mom and we get along much better than most people do so it doesn't bother me yet- plus it is only temporary while Jeff is deployed and it is a win-win for both of us since my mom knows more about having babies than I do (and I don't like living alone) and she gets to spend more time with her grandson than she would if I lived on my own.

Moving in was hard on me. Since my amniotic fluid levels have been low and I'm 30 weeks the doctor had told me to stay off my feet as much as possible (since August) and to not lift more than 15 lbs. Let me tell you, that is really hard to do when you're moving!! I managed to pack up the majority of the boxes and get rid of the junk that I didn't want to move but when it came to moving the boxes I was pretty much useless and had to rely on everyone to do pretty much everything that was heavy. Sadly enough just doing the light stuff completely wore me out and has taken it's toll on me and I have been very achey and stiff. It's slowly wearing off with the help of my heating pad but it still sucks. BUT the good news is that it is done.

However, the bad news is that being all moved in means Jeff is packing up and getting deployed this week- YUCK! I'm going to Oklahoma Saturday afternoon and will be back Tuesday morning just in time to make it to my doctor appointment. I'm glad I get to spend time with him before he leaves but I'm sad he's leaving. My mom got her Skype account set up last night and we taught her how to use it so she can talk to Erin and her daughter, Becca. It was so fun to see them! I'm pretty sure that Skype is going to be a major help Jeff and I get through this deployment!! Thank you Skype creator! :)

One last thing.. Oscar loves his girls. I say the word "girls" and he goes nuts!! The girls could be many little girls because Gigi & Renee Farnet are the "girls" too but Oscar knows that when I say the word that he is going to see my mom's dogs. She has 2 westies that are his size and they were all raised together so they play HARD. Oscar was spending his days on the couch sleeping at our apartment and now he's running around chasing them all day long. Luckily they were worn out or taking a break and I managed to get them all together on one of the chairs to take a picture! They are all still fairly young so they play like puppies most of the time. Lexie is the smallest and the old lady of the group, she is 4, Sophie is the biggest and the baby of the group, she is 2, and Oscar is right in between them at 3. They definitely keep us entertained in the morning by waking us up right after my mom goes to work. Ok, no more rambling, here is the picture!


Lexie is on the top of the chair and Sophie is on the bottom next to Oscar.
(sorry for the crappy picture quality, my cell phone didn't like the lighting.)

Oh and in case you were wondering, Oliver is doing well and kicking like crazy! I go on Tuesday to get my checkup on him but here is the normal weekly info.

Baby Facts
Oliver is now approximately measuring 15.5 inches long and weighing 3 pounds.

Big news for baby's brain this week: It's starting to wrinkle and fold and looks like something that grew in the back of your fridge. This is due to the rapid growth of your little genius's brain cells. Fingernails and toenails are finally finished! Plus, the bone marrow is completely in charge of red-blood-cell production now. Baby is starting to shed his lanugo—the downy hair that was covering his skin. Now that he's chubbier and better able to regulate his body temp, he doesn't need to sport a fur coat 24/7. When your baby is awake, his eyes are now wide open and he's whittling away the hours looking around, checking out his rather dark, limited environs.

Alright, enough for this week's update! I may start posting more often but shorter posts just so it is easier but I'm not totally sure.

1 comment: