Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wait? It's New Years Eve!?

I was going to slowly write this and actually post it on New Years Eve but I finished it early so I'm posting it on the 30th instead..

So this year has flown by and it's been majorly crazy but I definitely wouldn't trade it. Let's recap..
Jeff moved from Tulsa.
I moved from Fayetteville.
We got our first apartment together in Rogers.
We put down the payment for our wedding--
1 week later found out we were going to have a baby.
Got married in June and went to the Bahamas for a week.
Moved back in with my Mom in September for a year.
Jeff gets deployed to Egypt in October.
Oliver is born December 4th.
Jeff comes home December 10th-26th.
Now he is back in Egypt until at least September.

Good news is starting Saturday I can say "Jeff will be home this year."
Bad news is it's still another 250+ days (8 months just sounds better though.) 

So on to the New Years Resolutions..
Normally I don't really set any that are serious. I know most people set ridiculous expectations and then don't achieve them so I tend to make funny resolutions. This year I'm setting realistic resolutions with high hopes. With my pregnancy with Oliver I managed to only gain 19 lbs and now at 4 weeks postpartum I have lost all but 2lbs. Sadly I don't look anything like what I did before Oliver. I know that the skin on my stomach still has to shrink back up and that will take 6 months to a year but I would really like to lose the extra weight I have gained over the last 3 or 4 years and get back to my comfortable weight. I'm not going to post the actual but I'm planning on keeping track of the weight loss along the side of the blog. So anyway..

My New Years Resolutions are:
lose weight (goal: 45 lbs by September 1st)
remember to take meds every day to help with the anemia
get a good job before Jeff gets home (40 hr/week entry level desk job.. do you know of anything for me??)

Well.. that's that! An update on Oliver. He's still eating a ton and plumping up a little more so I'm sure he's gained weight again. We don't have another appointment for 2 more weeks but there's no doubt that he has. He's sleeping pretty good once he gets to sleep but the last couple of days he has been fighting it and getting cranky. Hopefully this isn't something that sticks.. I know you don't want to read anymore so here's the fun stuff. 

Oliver has this terrible rash right now. The doctor thinks its just a combination of newborn rash/acne and a reaction to detergent, soap or lotion. I have tried everything and he still has it though.. Hopefully it's just newborn rash and it goes away asap.

He got a bath, a fresh diaper and then ooh'd and ahh'd in his lamb seat while I got a shower. He's just too dang cute!

My mom and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with Oliver to watch OSU play in the Alamo Bowl. Oliver was even dressed up. (picture below)
The shirt is huge on him (it's a 6-9 month and he's barely in 0-3 month), the paci is too big and he spits it out quickly, and the sunglasses probably wont fit until this summer at the earliest BUT he was a trooper and let me take a picture of him in his OSU gear.

My mom with Oliver in front of his crib with the new dots I put up that match his bedding exactly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment