Monday, December 27, 2010

Back up to birthweight!

Oliver has been taking his sweet little time gaining weight lately so my doctor has asked us to come back every week since he was born to get weighed. Today he was weighed and gained quite a bit! Here's how his weight has gone so far:
Birth weight: 8lb 8oz
3 days old: 7lb 15oz (lost 9oz)
1 week old: 8lb 1oz (gained 2oz)
2 weeks old: 8lb 3oz (gained 2oz)
3 weeks old: 8lb 11oz (gained 8oz!!)
Since he has finally gained a significant amount my doctor said as long as he is eating, peeing and pooping regularly that we don't have to come back until our 6 week appointment in mid-January- woohoo!!! He has a pretty gnarly rash right now that my doctor thinks is just a reaction to something he wore or he just has sensitive skin but we are watching it pretty closely just to be on the safe side and I'm checking his temperature at least every 2 bottles just to make sure he didn't get something.

So I haven't posted much lately because Jeff and I were so busy while he was here and over Christmas. Sadly, Jeff had to go back to his deployment yesterday (my birthday) but he will be back in 8 1/2 months or so and then he will be done with deployments for good!! We had a good time while he was here though. We were able to take Oliver to get his picture with Santa. He was out the whole time but the picture is precious either way. We also took him to see my sister at work at Twin Peaks so she could show him off and I could get a picture with him and all of the Santa's helpers. Jeff's stepmom, Vanessa, and 2 of his siblings were able to come up from Texas for the weekend to see Oliver and my mom made a big Christmasy dinner for them. And of course, we did all of the usual Christmas stuff with my side of the family- Christmas eve with my Dad's side and Christmas morning with my mom's side. I think Oliver is still tired from being passed around so much. He has been slightly cranky but sleeps pretty good still! Ok, well.. enough of me blabing, here are a few of the pictures..

My sister is slightly obsessed with Oliver.

All dressed up to go see Santa!


Oliver with the Twin Peaks girls and his Aunt Malibu/Sarah.

His outfit for going to Twin Peaks. I thought it was only appropriate that he was with 8 girls that were dressed up as Santa so he must be Santa's little helper.
Meme and Oliver were all festively dressed.
Our cute little family including Big Brother Oscar :) (No, I did not cut my hair. It just looks short here)

Oliver had a little accident in his first outfit so changed into this one and matched my sister so they "had" to get a picture together.. I'm telling you, she's obsessed!

Oliver was pooped when we got home from Oklahoma so we snuggled while Jeff and Jason went to see a movie on his last night in the states. 


Jeff holding Oliver at the airport before we said goodbye one last time. :(

Just in case you haven't seen his birth announcement, here is a picture of it. Picture by Kelsey Gaithe.
Yesterday, after seeing Jeff off at the airport, Oliver and I went shopping. I got a new digital camera and a few little goodies at Baby Gap and exchanged a few things. Jeff gave me strict instructions to get a nice camera with a decent lens so I did. :) Yay for decent pictures of Oliver (once I figure out how to use it..) I tried to test it out earlier on Oliver.. my skills are not so great yet.

Yes, he is sleeping in his Lamb Seat that is in his crib. He fell asleep in the seat and she didn't want to wake him up but put it up in the crib so the dogs couldn't get to him.
Oliver has plenty of clothes!!! the top rack is up to size 3 months and the bottom rack is 3-9 months his pants are in piles on the shelf and then he has all the bigger sizes in buckets/boxes. Spoiled. Rotten.
Looks like Oliver and I start back to work sometime this week or at the latest a week from today so I'm sure we will have plenty to post about next week if not before then. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment