Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pregnant: Week 26

Since I tend to update about once a week lately I think it's only appropriate that I update what the week-by-week pregnancy website says along with what happens at the doctor. So.. let's get to it!

Doctor Appt Info
So went to the ultrasound and they got us in within 10 minutes and then we went upstairs for the OB appointment and were supposed to be in immediately.. we waited for over an hour! UGH! So we get back in the appointment room and they measure my stomach and listen to his heart rate and look over the results from the ultrasound doctor. My amniotic fluid levels are back up to normal and she said that he is still measuring 3 weeks behind so they have moved my due date back to December 9th which puts me at 26, almost 27 weeks. He has checked out to be absolutely healthy and thriving so I'd rather him be in me growing longer instead of coming early and having to stay in the NICU!! :) Plus that gives me a little bit longer to get his stuff all in order! I still need to get his crib, bedding, everything!! haha

Baby Facts
Oliver is now approximately measuring 14.5 inches long and weighing 2 pounds.

Air sacks are developing in your baby's lungs, which means it just might be possible for your baby to take a breath at the end of this week. The retina completes the development of its normal layers this week—all the better to see you with. Brainwaves for the auditory and visual systems are detectable in baby's noggin this week. That means baby's brain is registering things like sound and light.

Alright, time to go switch the due date calculators and everything to the new date! :) woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment