Friday, August 27, 2010

Terrible day spent fixing my car- ugh!

So Jeff had bought my body wash the other day while he ran to Walmart to get a few things to make dinner and he accidentally got the wrong one so I went to exchange it. I came out and went to start my car and it wouldn't start!! So I walked back in and went back to the tire&lube section and asked them if they would come jump my car so I could get it over to have it looked at. It took a bit for it to get jumped but the guy got it jumped and I pulled it over to the auto section. My battery was tested and it showed up that it was getting old and would need to be replaced by my next oil change so I went ahead and replaced it so it wouldn't die on me again.

What should have been an easy battery replacement turned out to have me stay for 5 hours getting this stupid car worked on. Even with the new battery they couldn't get the car to start. After 2 hours they magically got it to start just by accident when they moved the gear shifter at the same time they pushed the push-start button and it started. So then I was able to drive it down the highway to the Nissan dealership to get it checked out.

I get to the Nissan dealership and tell them what it was doing and they took it in to look at it. So they found out that it was a brake switch that needed to be replaced. I'm not totally for sure how to describe what it is other than how they dumbed it down for me "it's like on a manual car where you have to have it in park or neutral to turn it on. the switch that is the equivalent is just worn out" SO I got that that fixed too.

Not only did I have to replace the battery and the brake switch.. the car tech told me that I need to replace all 4 tires and that the rear right tire is "seperated" and wont last much longer and my brake pads are really worn too. But I had already shelled out $250 and didn't have the extra $850 to put out right this second because rent is due next week so I will just have to wait until next week.

At least tomorrow will be a good day since we get to see Oliver on the 3D ultrasound tomorrow! :) That makes up for all of the tears and stress from today!! Hopefully those will be posted tomorrow night if I have enough energy. If not, by Sunday at the latest!


I used to love my Nissan Altima SOOOO much.. but not right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment