Monday, August 16, 2010

Jalapenos Mmmm

So I think by now everyone knows about my major craving I have had throughout this pregnancy- JALAPENOS!! It started out with salsa that was really spicy.. then Jeff and I went to McAlisters Deli one evening after work for dinner and I ordered a Spud Ole- if you've never been there it's just a giant potato with chili, shredded cheese and jalapenos. I have been back at least once a week for the last 3 months- usually twice. Anything spicy does the job but the Spud Ole is just simply delicious!

Everyone has warned me when I order something spicy that it will give me heartburn or indigestion but I haven't had any heartburn since the first trimester (and I think that was just what I had as a replacement for morning sickness.) I'm planning on eating them until I get heartburn and then I'm going to just quit eating them. Others have told me that eating a lot of jalapenos and other peppers will make Oliver have a lot of hair. Seeing as Jeff and I both had a lot of hair when we were born I don't see Oliver being born with a shiny bald head so either way it doesn't really matter. Hopefully we can see if he has hair on the 3d ultrasound at Anticipations on the 28th. I know it's not likely but I've seen it happen before!!

Looks like Jeff will be back at this time next week from his Army training he's been at since the 6th! I know it's not that long and 2 weeks is nothing compared to the whole year that he's about to leave for BUT he has been absolutely miserable at Camp Gruber because it's the hottest week we have had all year and they are making them do ridiculous drills and crap to fill up the time that they have to be there. Not to mention they have absolutely NO air conditioning. Funny enough that they will have it while deployed in Egypt but they don't have it in Oklahoma at a training camp- DUMB!

Oh and one last little tidbit of info- the kids I'm a nanny for start back to school this week so I will get a break of sorts now that they will be back in school. My 11 hour work days will go down to 4 hours and the stress level will go down- HALLELUJAH!!! Not that I dont love them but they were both getting antsy and completely worn out from this summer break. Luckily Thursday they will be back to school and get back on that schedule so that I can start packing up our place, moving, and starting to set up Oliver's room! Put your seatbelt on. There are a lot of changes that are about to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment